Welcome to Hawthorne Scholastic PTA! We are lucky to have a committed and engaged community of educators and families always interested in helping to support our children.
Our PTA provides funding for a wide range of expenses and programs for the school that allows close to 98% of Hawthorne's budget to go toward teacher & staff salary. We work every year to protect our academic programming amid dwindling CPS funding. Without a strong commitment from our school community, we would be faced with even tougher choices in our classrooms.
The time given by parents is as important as the dollars raised by students and parents toward improving the education at Hawthorne.
The Hawthorne community's talent and generous donations helped us sponsor community-building events and provide our teachers and students with much-needed items throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
- Supported teacher and staff position funding
- Launched new Spirit Wear vendor and a new online sales process
- Refreshed the HSA PTA website
- Launched an annual business sponsorship program
- Purchased the new marquee sign
- Supported 8th grade graduation activities
- Supported the Arts Partnership Program
- Supported school supply kit ordering
- Sponsored Student Council candygrams, community service efforts and field trips
- Sponsored various teacher supply needs (primary, technology, music, security)
- Sponsored Principal Appreciation Week
- Sponsored Giving Tuesday for Arts Partnership Programming
- Assisted with Kindergarten Aide Fundraising efforts
- Sponsored Metropolis Coffee sales and Dominoes Pizza sales
HAWTHORNE SCHOLASTIC ACADEMY PTA