HAWTHORNE SCHOLASTIC ACADEMY PTA
EVERY DOLLAR WE RAISE HELPS HSA. DID YOU KNOW:
- HSA uses all the funds it receives from CPS for staffing. CPS funding does not even cover all of HSA’s staffing needs.
- It costs HSA $500,000 to have small group instruction which is SO important for our students. All of our classes had 20 students last year instead of 32.
- The HSA Administration has a shortfall of more than $100,000 since March 2020 from cancelled turf rental and Cubs parking contracts.
- HSA spent $50,000 last year on the critical online programming that all of our students used, including Brain Pop, IXL, Raz Kids, Newsela, Learning.com, Amplify Science, Wordly Wise and so many more.
- HSA spends thousands of dollars each year to maintain our school library.
- HSA needs a new marquee to replace the current broken one.
- HSA needs to resurface the turf.
- HSA spent thousands of dollars last year for computers for teachers and staff for home learning, extra PPE above what CPS provided.
- Additional funding is needed for the renowned Arts Partnership Program that will be returning in 2021-22.
Join the PTA Today!
Every year we ask each of our HSA community members to join the Hawthorne Scholastic Academy Parent Teacher Association. Your donations keep the Hawthorne PTA functioning and pay our Illinois PTA membership dues.
Please sign up or renew your annual membership. Joining is easy! Simply select the BUY NOW button under PTA Membership. Membership is $20 per family and $10 for teachers/staff.
You may also use Zelle to make an electronic payment to: Ptatreasurer@hawthorneacadpta.org.