Hawthorne Scholastic Academy PTA
Welcome to Hawthorne Scholastic PTA 2017-2018 year. We look forward to working together for the common good of our school. We are lucky to have committed and engaged community of educators and families to wrap around our children.
There is always something to do at Hawthorne and always a way to do something better. We welcome your participation and new ideas! There are many ways to get involved in our school; we need room parents, volunteers for our walk-a-thon, lunchroom/recess helpers for kindergarten classes, book fair helpers, field trip chaperones and countless others. The time given by parents is as important as the dollars raised by students and parents toward improving the education at Hawthorne. We work every year to protect our academic programming through dwindling CPS funding. Without a strong commitment from our school community, we would be faced with even tougher choices in our classrooms.
Our PTA provides funding for a wide range of expenses and programs for the school that allows close to 98% of Hawthorne's budget to go toward teacher & staff salary.
Some of the larger line item expenses we have budgeted for this school year are listed below.
- Arts Partnership
- Copiers and paper for School - (Lease and Maintenance of several machines)
- Instructional Resources (Curriculum)
- Sport activities and dances
- Classroom Air Conditioning Unit Replacements
- Technology Support (purchasing equipment, curriculum and support of student technology)
- Staffing of Attendance Office (100%) and Kindergarten Aides (50%)